Thursday, January 15, 2009

Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it.

--Robert Frost



My middle school students would always struggle when it came time to write. Now, I don't claim to write well, I'm just not afraid to do it. I'd rather write 100 letters before I make a phone call. I always told them to just pretend you're talking to someone. You can talk pretty well. Just write down what you would say.


Now you may know folks who write just like they talk. No putting on airs. When I get Bev's emails I just love 'em. It's like you are right there with her on the mountain as she tells you a story or shows you a treasure.


Here are some excerpts from an email she just sent. First it gives you a status update on our Sawmill Strays and a little bit of the flavor of Miss Beverly.



I had sent her the weather report from the weather channel comparing Welch with St. Louis, she was worrying last night about our strays.

I like your report better, I'm glad for you all. The news on tv tonight said we were in for below 0 tonight and the next couple of nights.

When I went grocery shopping for mrs. s, I went and got 2 bales of straw for the babies, I didn't leave her until nearly 7 and went straight up the hill and gave all the dogs up there straw and closed the shed door for the mom and pups.

It was so freezing cold then, but when I came out a couple of hours later to come to work, it felt like the wind had quit and felt a little warmer, but not down here in town, it feels the same if not worse.

There's a flock of ducks in the Tug river behind the parking building, the crazy things, they didn't fly south last winter either. I don't get it. I don't think that river has frozen since Sid Hatfield was shot at the courthouse, but if it does it will serve those crazy ducks right.

Better get some work done.



Don't ya love her!

No comments:

Post a Comment